Variabels in stored text - retry

I don't know what is going wrong, but I keep getting an error messages. I'll try one more time, and if this doesn't work I'll stop.

Problem:
I have a table, table1, in which I have standard text for letters. I would like to put data from table2 in the letters, so that the data is automatically placed in the letter through code in the standard text. It sounds complicated, I know, but I hope I make myself clear. English is not my native language.

What happens is, that the $show_var IS displayed. What I in my frustration haven't conveyed properly is, that the text in table1 in the the form

ordinary text to output to html ". $var_from_the_result_query_on_table2." some more html text

shows up just like that, no data from table2 is processed. I know that I am probably using the wrong function, but I can't seem to find one.

And the reason I use SELECT * is that there is more than one field I need to output. There is only one in the example so that the post wouldn't be to voluminous.

Niels Riis Kristensen
(nrk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

NRK Group
- Electronic Music Engraving