Re: Re: Free penetration test

Okay:

1: Calm down. You're sensationalism and paranoia make you look like a
nutcase.(no offence)

2:
> That would be irrelevant because nothing changes for the anybody that
> follows the link with or without the aff code. The service is still free
Obviously we don't consider it irrelevent. That's all we were trying
to say. We're not trying to paint you as some sort of monster. I
appreciate your posting of that Link. I've used it. I would also have
liked to know that you were affiliated with the site.

3: Relax. This is going away out of proportion.

4:
> > as you get 35% (minimum, for upto a year) if he signs up...not that anybodys
> > bothered if you make money
>
> That is false. If he signs up and tries the free penetration test
> service that he asked and I suggested, I do not gain anything. Stop
> deceiving people!

Last time I checked 35% of free, was still free. I therefore put it to
you that even if he doesn't sign up and make any payment, you still
get 35% of that payment(consisting of $0/Eur0/£0) he didn't make.

5:  > what would you say about the PHP
> group that lists a pile of books in Amazon linked with their affiliate
> id but they do not mention that fact anywhere in their pages?
>
> http://www.php.net/books.php

Quote from aforementioned website: " If you buy the book using the
links on this page, you are helping to support PHP development! ".

Any intellegent user would be able to decipher from that, that the php
group obtains some soft of referal fee, or benifit somehow in your
purchase of said books from the php website.

6: > I was selling security
> auditing services, when in fact the only person that doing that in this
> thread was Chris Shiflet.

I know that, you know that, the majority of the people on this list
know that. Chris told us that. Personally I'd be pretty pissed off, if
Chris posted some website he'd found without mentioning that it was
his website.

The reason I'm _not_ pissed off with you, is because it wasn't
actually your website. I was simply asking you that in future would
you mention your _potential_ bias, even if such bias doesn't exist.