Re: Re: Free penetration test

Hello,

on 05/27/2005 05:30 PM Rory Browne said the following:
You may want to try Security Space services. They perform many types of
security checks remotely including penetration tests that may reveal
serious vulnerabilities in your servers. Such vulnerabilities include
holes, in your server OS version, Web and e-mail servers and even in the
PHP version that you may have installed.

You can try their no risk test in this page that is free and in a few
minutes after the test is request you get a full report by e-mail.

http://www.securityspace.com/smysecure/norisk_index.html?refid=1057382149
Umm, you forgot to mention that you are "connected" to that site and you get
a commision
for sending them clients, if they sign up.

Nothing wrong with getting an affiliate buck mind you, I have a few
affiliate accounts around too,
but I (and others on the list i have noticed, Jay B for one) mention that we
are connected to / own
the websites we are sending the person to.
I did not forget to mention anything. Andy asked for a free penetration
test and that is exactly what he gets going to the page mentioned above.
We generally like to know however if there is potential bias in links
we are being given.

There is nothing to be concerned about any bias because a) I am recommending a free service that anybody can try and evaluate and post an opinion, b) I said I tried it, it does what the original poster asked and nobody has demonstrated otherwise, c) the link is in plain text so that everybody can see the referral id, so I am not hiding anything, if I had I would not be here clarifying the facts.

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

http://www.phpclasses.org/