Re: Re: Free penetration test

Hello,

on 05/27/2005 02:30 PM Ryan A said the following:
You may want to try Security Space services. They perform many types of
security checks remotely including penetration tests that may reveal
serious vulnerabilities in your servers. Such vulnerabilities include
holes, in your server OS version, Web and e-mail servers and even in the
PHP version that you may have installed.

You can try their no risk test in this page that is free and in a few
minutes after the test is request you get a full report by e-mail.

http://www.securityspace.com/smysecure/norisk_index.html?refid=1057382149

Umm, you forgot to mention that you are "connected" to that site and you get a commision for sending them clients, if they sign up.

Nothing wrong with getting an affiliate buck mind you, I have a few
affiliate accounts around too,
but I (and others on the list i have noticed, Jay B for one) mention that we
are connected to / own
the websites we are sending the person to.

I did not forget to mention anything. Andy asked for a free penetration test and that is exactly what he gets going to the page mentioned above.

I have requested the free test several times and it was very useful because it brought my attention to aspects that I was not considering, some related to PHP in specific and other related to Internet in general.

In all cases it is upto Andy to decide. FYI, if he takes the free penetration test as he asks, I still do not gain anything. If I ever gain anything with the referral, he would not be paying more for whatever services he would order.

So, I do not see your point in bugging me for this. If you feel that I am not helping Andy, I would appreciate that you tell me that directly!

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

http://www.phpclasses.org/