Re: extension development

Jason Barnett wrote:

Evert | Rooftop wrote:

Basicly I want very rapid and easy information sharing between multiple processes. I'm not totally sure about the implementation yet.
The most simple implementation would be using a $_APP global which is shared accross servers and processes, but to be honest I have to look into it to find the best and most usefull implementation.

Funny that you mention $_APP. Depending on your needs you might find the following classes will help you out:

Store the result of function calls to disk:
http://pear.php.net/package/Cache
http://cvs.php.net/co.php/pear/Cache/Application.php?r=1.8

This will not work well in clusters.. I want realtime processes to do the job

Shared memory streams wrapper class:
http://pear.php.net/package/Stream_SHM

Doesn't work on Windows ( I need both windows and linux support)

grt,
Evert