Re: PHP-GTK, or something else, for desktop app development?

I don't think php-gtk is currently suitable. As of 22 April Andrei was
considering a very early alpha release. Taking that into consideration
I'd doubt if it's stable enough yet for production. Gtk 1 is afaik
obsolete.

If you're going to jump to a different language, then I'd seriously
consider another P-Language(ie python or Perl). Personally(I'm saying
personally to avoid a flame war), I'd lean towards Python. AFAIK it's
pygtk, wxPython, and pyQT modules are fairly stable, although I could
be wrong on that.

Perl AFAIK also has farly stable GUI modules, but writing
bad(unreadable) code is far too easy in Perl.