Re: changing php ini location

Emre wrote:
yes i aware of php ini set, but there is no logic using that command for
global changes that you use each time. if you want to change global php.ini settings for a spesific
script than its useful, but to change global settings for each script, thats smt like overkill :)

eg. you can use phpiniset to increase a script max execution time,
espesiaclly for upload or image manipulation process purposes. but for global execution time setting
must be set via php.ini. thats what that file is for.

Yep there are some php.ini options that you simply can't change at runtime. Period. For a listing of these options that you can't change you should go here:

<bookmark_this_link>http://php.net/manual/en/ini.php#ini.list</bookmark_this_link>

anyway after my research, I couldnt find a way to change php.ini location on
this system: windows XP, apache 1.3, php5.

This probably isn't the method that you envisioned, but if you run PHP as a CGI then you can specify which php.ini to use like the following:

<path\to\php>\php.exe -c <path\to\php.ini>

Obviously you need to change the paths above.  :)

it sounds  a little bit weird. why cant we use phpinidir at apache 1.3?
since its supported by apache 2.0, it must also be supported by 1.3.
how hard can it be anyway? most people (like me) still use
and trust old good apache 1.3.XX

its time to mail bomb apache dev team I think. All php users with apache
1.3, unite !
:)

Better be careful there... Rasmus is/was on the Apache dev team...