From: mwestern@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:mwestern@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 11 May 2005 07:17
To: php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  SQL Date guru in the house?

Hi All,

I have a small problem.

I have a project in which someone has got three integer fields for
holding the date.   DD, MM, YYYY in an sql database.    I now have to
have a page that inputs two dates and select records between those two
dates.

If I had a date field in the table it would be fairly simple, but I'm
hoping to do this search/comparison without having to rewrite the
pages/database that has already been designed.

Start Date:	11/05/2005
End Date:	11/04/2005
SELECT * FROM blah WHERE mm BETWEEN 04 AND 05 AND dd BETWEEN 11 AND 11
AND yyyy BETWEEN 2005 AND 2005

Doesn't work for obvious reasons.      Is there any way that I can do
this date comparison I the SQL statement without having a decent date
field?
My apologies as this is australian date format and this list is in the
US I think?
Regards
Matthew