Re: Fastest templating mechanism

You might try using the first pass of a regular C compiler, the
pre-compiler, which expands macro definitions.  It shouldn't have any
problems with the structure of PHP, except for the # comments which it would
mistake for its own pre-compiler declarations.

Otherwise, may I sugest you check in the archives my own posting with the
subject "XML/HTML specific instructions"?

Satyam