Re: php/osx and firebird

James wrote:
I've attempted to access a firebird database living on an osx/apache/php machine.

<snip>

How do I enable those functions? I've looked at the php documentation (http://uk2.php.net/manual/en/ref.ibase.php )

"To enable InterBase support configure PHP --with-interbase[=DIR], where DIR is the InterBase base install directory, which defaults to /usr/interbase."
I've tried to add:
--with-interbase=/Library/Frameworks/Firebird.framework/Resources
to my php.ini and it didn't work.

James... this is talking about configuring the php compile, not a setting in php.ini

so, for example if you just downloaded php-4.3.11.tar.bz2 from the php.net website, and un zip/tarred it, you would run the configure script:

./configure --with-interbase[=DIR] (plus any other compile time options you need)

then compile and install php (make, make install)

Am I pointing to the wrong directory? What other configuration/setup do I have to do to enable php's interbase functions?

this is a "compile time" option, and not a php.ini one. hth, gabe.

p.s. you can see what current compile time options are by looking at the output of phpinfo()