Re: Re: Templating engines

Mattias Thorslund wrote:

Who says PHP itself is a template engine? I think nobody. What are the "basic template features"?

Variables / placeholders Looping construct(s) Conditionals A way to apply styles to text / markup

However, there is a school of thought regarding templates that advocates template engines (written in, for instance, PHP) which use PHP as their template syntax, so that there is no need to invent new tags or placeholders. You could read the article I linked to before, it has examples. Actually, here's the link again:

http://www.massassi.com/php/articles/template_engines/

The point of this article is that PHP is a good template engine ;)