Re: Re: Templating engines

Skrol 29 wrote:

What templating engines do you use with php and why?
Ive been using smarty (http://smarty.php.net)
Clive.

I just can't work with PHP the usual way.
Mixing business source and interface source is something too bastard for me.
Now that I know templates systems I totaly disagree to say that PHP is a
Template Engine. Ok, it has some basic template features, but they are too
poor to use it this way seriously.

Who says PHP itself is a template engine? I think nobody. What are the "basic template features"?

However, there is a school of thought regarding templates that advocates template engines (written in, for instance, PHP) which use PHP as their template syntax, so that there is no need to invent new tags or placeholders. You could read the article I linked to before, it has examples. Actually, here's the link again:

http://www.massassi.com/php/articles/template_engines/

Best regards,

Mattias

--