Re: php/pear question

On Thu, April 28, 2005 1:23 pm, Kelly Meeks said:
> I can run pear from the shell, install new modules (pager,
> html_quickform,...) but when ever I try using any pear code in a php
> script
> with the appropriate includes/require (require_once 'DB.php';) nothing in
> the php block of the script gets executed.  No error is thrown, and there
> is
> nothing in any of the server log files to indicate what the problem might
> be.

The last time I tried to use PEAR, *ages* ago, I had a similar experience.

It turned out that PEAR DB.inc was loading and using the nifty PEAR error
handling package, which was turning off error_reporting, over-riding my
customer error_handler, and then completely *SWALLOWING* all error
messages.

Gee, thanks!
[That was sarcasm]

After days of tracing through torterous class files and a ton of PHP
source code, I kinda sorta found where it was allegedly loading in a
config file that allegedly would have let me set where I wanted error
messages to go.

After changing that failed, I never tried to use PEAR again.

I had already wasted more time fighting with it than it would have taken
to just write the code I wanted in the first place!

> I've looked into phplib, but it seems dated and I've read where it looks
> like there is or was plans to merge phplib into pear.

I think PEAR grew out of (in part, to some degree) phpLIB.

I don't think you want to use phplib at this point.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm