Re: step by step learning

Paul Kain wrote:
Hi there

are there any sites online that show one how to learn php in a step by
step fashion?

I am really lost and would need to start at the very beginning

I already know and understand html

maybe start here: http://php.net/tut.php

also google for tutorials, there are plenty out there.

and when you get stuck - just mail this list! as long as
you can show that you have/are making an effort to research
your problems (and you ask concise,clear questions)
you'll find _plenty_ of people willing to help.

<sidenote>
it pays to know who this guy (same goes for other
developers of php) is: http://lerdorf.com/bio.php.
so that...

a, you know to read anything he posts to this list
(which must to my continual amazement he continues to
do occasionally, much respect for that!) - I always learn
something from his posts, chances are you will too, although
sometimes it may go over you head :-)

b, you know not to argue with him offhand if he does post :-)
</sidenote>

.... also don't be afraid to try stuff out, to go out of
your depth... cos thats the best way to learn!

lastly - welcome to php-land :-) have fun!