Re: how to read a specific "cell"

Brian V Bonini wrote:

On Tue, 2005-04-26 at 17:05, Sebastien Pahud wrote:

Hello,

I cannot figure out how to read a specific "cell" in a result i got from a SQL request.

I have a SQL request on a database:
SELECT nameAttribute, fr, de, en
FROM traduction
WHERE nameTable = 'whatever'
AND idTable = 1
ORDER BY nameAttribute

and i am suppose to get something like this :

| msg       | bonjour  | gutentag | good morning |
| time       | diner      | essen      | lunch             |
| weather | beau      | schön     | nice                |

I always know how many rows i am suppose to get.

Now, how can i get the word "schön" for example out from that table

SELECT * FROM traduction WHERE nameAttribute='weather' AND de='schön';

??

Thanks Brian, but you didn't get the problem... i want to get the content with the "position" in the array, because i never know what is inside my array. ("schön" and all those inputs change) But i know the position of what i need. (because of the ORDER BY and the fact that i always get only 3 rows)