RE: I need do paging in php, I use ODBC Access

On Thu, April 21, 2005 12:23 pm, Warren Vail said:
> The only approach left that I could come up with is to transfer the
> entire sequence set to your application, and count the rows, perhaps
> only displaying the rows you want to show.  This is obviously not very
> efficient (in fact, with enough rows it may prove impossible because of
> memory limitations), but it will produce what appears to be a paged
> result.

If this is the best answer your database software will let you come up
with, it's time to switch databases :-)

Fortunately, the databases that don't do "LIMIT" have this nifty thing
called "CURSOR" which lets you kind of do the same thing.

At least, all the databases I know of.

Maybe something really stupid and broken like MS Access or something that
doesn't even claim to do SQL like, errrr, FileMaker???

Even there, I'll bet there's some better answer than pulling all the rows
down just to display a tiny fraction of them.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm