Re: Re: 1 web site, 3 servers, 3 countries - best practises?

Richard Davey wrote:
Hello Satyam,

S> My domain, satyam.com.ar, though supposedly in Argentina resides in Spain,
S> where I currently live hundreds of kilometers away from it, which I mention
S> to point out that domain names do not correlate to physical locations.
S> Unless there is a political issue regarding who owns the actual machine and
S> budgeting problems, I would rather keep just one server farm fed from
S> multiple international locations.

No offense, but that entire post was completely useless with regards
to my original message.

in a round about way he seems to be asking 'why'? which is not totally invalid.

This is nothing to do with domain names, I was simply asking if anyone had experience of handling one site spread across multiple remote located servers from a PHP/SQL perspective (syncing content, user accounts, etc).

I don't have any answers, but maybe some questions might be useful:

do you want/need a master/slave configuration
or true decentralisation and/or two way syncing?

what definition of 'seamless' have you been given?

what kind of content?

sounds like a costly undertaking, not to be taken lightly...
I'm interested to understand the requirement that dictates
such server redundancy. Given the implied cost,
planning/implementation should probably left to a company
who already knows the answers to your questions :-/?

anyway interesting problem you have before you!

Best regards,

Richard Davey