Re: Why is the default value for arg_separator.output '&'?

Richard Lynch wrote:

Why in the world should we be forced to follow your narrow-minded
so-called "standard"? :-)

Hint: smileys indicate that you're joking. If you're joking, I don't get what's humorous -- please explain. If you're making a serious point but trying to have the rhetorical equivalent of "no offense, but..." you should probably know that any time someone says "no offense, but..." they really mean to offend but get off scot-free.

Furthermore, the & as separator pre-dates & by *years* and billions of
lines of code could be affected by altering the default.
So, really, Backwards Compatibility alone makes this a no-brainer default
value of:  &

So default behaviors should never change?! Absurd. you should be notified that they are changed, and should have a mechanism to configure for the previous behavior... but they have to be allowed to change as standards do.