database querying form in php

HI,

I ilke to create user interface for a group of people for entering the queries and to see the results in a browser. The users have the knowledge of database.
for example: the users will have a login check, and if successful they will see a window where they can enter the sql queries and can see the results.I also want to implement a history of queries where the user can use it when ever needed.
i have done the user authentication part. But i do not get an idea how the User interface can be?
I have seen PhpMyadmin.its nice , but lillte bit complex for me as i also need some code to know how it implemented.
can some one please point to some examples or so.

Thanks
babu