Re: shared library in php

On Mon, April 11, 2005 9:21 am, Angelo Ayres Camargo said:
> I have a shared library and i would like very much to use it in php. Do i
> have to do anything or i can just dl it and use?

I'm pretty sure you need the wrapper functions.

If you didn't then all the other libraries wouldn't have them.  And they
all have them.

So you must need them.

You may be able to get the names of the functions that are in that .so
file using:

strings whatever.so | less

There will be a bunch of junk at the start and the end, but the function
names will be there, in a block, eventually.

Then you'll need some kinda documentation on what those functions do and
what arguments they take.

You *PROBABLY* have some kind of exsiting interface to this .so file in
the first place, or it wouldn't be useful.  If you have the .h file, use
that.  If you have some kind of Perl or C interface, use that.

There might even be a docmented API listing all functions and their
arguments.  Use that too.

If you have NONE of those, you probably are trying to violate some kind of
license.  Don't do that. :-v

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm