Re: language files

> > I was just wondering which is the best/most efficient way of having
> > language
> > files for a site?
>

> I can't really speak to this, as I've never gotten around to
>
> multi-language support, but this always looked like a winner to me:
>

> http://php.net/gettext

The thing that immediatly hits me when i go to the above url is this:
"Installation

To include GNU gettext support in your PHP build you must add the
option --with-gettext[=DIR] where DIR is the gettext install directory,
defaults to /usr/local. "

it needs to be installed and hosts generally crib to install anything more
another thing is I dont think its all that flexable compared to Mike's array
method of $lang_en["get_user"]= "Username";
or kims textfile method of

login_page-get_user Enter your username please:

I could be wrong though as I too have never actually used gettext.

Cheers,
Ryan
P.S I tried visiting your site: http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm but its not