Help with proper post method...

OK I am migrating some sites from an old school server to one with MySQL 4 &
newest PHP, however certain things aren't running because of the
register_globals variable on the new server is set to OFF for security
reasons.

What I am trying to do is post like so with hidden variables

<form method="post" action="display_info.php">

The display_info.php says Undefined variables in the file, because of course
since globals is off it's not being passed to it from the first form.

Now I'm not trying to become the master here, but need a quick and dirty way
of patching these programs to accept the hidden passed values so I don't
have to go and re-code everything...

Any links to a good  example etc would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Joey