Broken connection

Hi everybody

I am new on this list.

I want you to know that I would like to use this list to get help and to
provide assistance to others as well.

I picked up php in octobre last and have become quite good with it.  Didn't
touch php 5 yet though.

So to start with a problem of mine.

I made a cms as per client request. And designed it with PHP 4.3+ in mind.
The cms works perfectly only my client has run in some servers that are
running PHP 4.1 and do not (can not, won't) upgrade.

So I am working on a backport for PHP 4.1

I am almost there and most of the system's already running.  I added sha1
calculation from a script I found about because sha1 is not yet implemented
in php 4.1.  I also let go of using stream_set_timeout as it is not
essential.

I got stuck and banged my head quite some time on this.  When I try to open a
page, I get "broken connection" error in konquerour.  (Firefox just shows me
a null page)

I have tried many things already to get some usable debugging info on this but
it seems that shutdown functions aren't executed either.

Strangly enough googling to know what the 'broken connection' error's about in
this context proved unsuccessfull....

I thank you for your time and bid you good day

With kind regards

Andy Pieters
Straight-A-Software

A young idealistic programmer