Re: Best Server Platform

Interesting,

There were about a dozen or so comments on the question posed. I saw
many alternatives presented, except OSX. When presented, there were a
number of responses questioning the viability. When evidence is
presented to support the issue, the response is 'FUDSPAM' and it is not
a PHP related thread. If that were true, then all of the responses would
also be. I made no disparaging remarks of other OS's, just the
suggestion that OSX is a possible solution and worth consideration as
well. I noted a number of responses that BSD was given poor marks
because of its thread methodology. Yet, I do note that 20% of that top
50 list had BSD in the OS, so it must be fairly capable also.

Even Mr. Torvalds uses a G5 from Apple :-)

Jerry Artman

PS: According to Netcraft, the mixed site was running Solaris for many
years before Apple started replacing them with Apple servers. Makes
sense sense to me that they would all work together. There's only so
much they can garner in their pings.