Re: asking comment

If you are storing the name of the uploaded image in a table (mySQL DB),
then the row in which you gonna store this name must have a unique id
(auto_increment field) ... why don't you use this id as your image name.
here you'll NEVER have the same image name.

Example
You have an HTML form where surfer enter details + upload an image. On
submitting the form, the PHP script stores all the details + uploads the
image and put it in the right folder on the server.

Table myTable
id int(6) unsigned auto_increment
imagename varchar(15)
otherdetails varchar(255)

once you insert a row in the table, get the id of the row. Use this id to
name ur image.

steps:
1. mysql_query("insert into myTable (imagename, otherdetails) values ('',
'$otherdetails')");
2. get rowid - mysql_insert_id()
3. rename image to "id.ext"
4. update row in table: update myTable set imagename = 'id.ext' where id =
'id'

You may use this script to do step 3
http://www.alienworkers.com/misc/uploadImage.htm

Hope it helps...