asking comment

Hello,

I got a bit frustrated with image upload stuff with different image name
problems. So I created a system that gives the uploaded imaged a random
numeric name between 1-10 000 000 and saves the file to a server folder and
the image name to mysql DB.

Is there a so sort of a problem here that I am not thinking of? I only can
imagine problem that the rand() gives the same value twice. But I cant see
this as a major problem because there would be maybe not more than 1000
uploaded pictures. So the chance is at worst something like 1:10 000 that
same name is created to the image.

Anyway if same name is created what's the best way to check that? I was
thinking of putting the image name field in DB as a unique field. That would
do it? Right?

Thanks again
-Will