Re: Getting values from the Javascript namespace

Daniel Lahey wrote:
Is there any way to get values from the Javascript namespace into PHP? I want to use a value passed into a Javascript function in a query within some PHP code in the function which is used to dynamically populate a select's options.

TIA

JavaScript is parsed on the client side, and PHP on the server side. Because HTTP is stateless, you'd have to call the server again from the JavaScript, as the JavaScript isn't parsed until after the request is complete.

You might like to investigate the XMLHTTP object for calling the server from JavaScript, but it might be better to figure out an alternative way to do it without requiring the second call back to the server. I can't really help any more without more specifics (maybe some code).

HTH
--
Jasper Bryant-Greene
Cabbage Promotions

public key:  Jasper Bryant-Greene <jasper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> keyID 0E6CDFC5
fingerprint: 2313 5641 F8F6 5606 8844 49C0 1D6B 2924 0E6C DFC5