Re: php: "else if" problem

On Tue, March 22, 2005 1:47 pm, M. Sokolewicz said:
> read the manual, you can use both ("else if" and "elseif").
>
> The script does exactly what you tell it to. The flaw(s) is(/are) in
> your logic.

"else if" and "elseif" are not exactly the same, as the manual indicates
(and glosses over a bit).

The will behave the same, if everything is parallel, but there is a gotcha
when you start embedding nested if/else and if/elseif statements.

If I try to give an example, I'm sure to screw it up, as I never use "else
if" for this very reason.

But this is the same as in C, and I think any decent C textbook will
diagram for you exactly what goes "wrong" when you confuse the two.

If you're not sure of the difference, use "elseif" when the words appear
that close to each other, and you will most likely not hurt yourself that
way.

You only get burned, and that only rarely, if you use "else if" in my
experience.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm