Re: php 4 & php 5

Kim Madsen wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Rasmus Lerdorf [mailto:rasmus@xxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 4:05 AM

That's why I'd like to stick with apache2 + php5 default and
apache2+php4 just for a single site hosted (the one that uses imp).

See my previous message describing the ProxyPass approach. It is by far the easiest way to solve this cleanly.

I´ve only been on the list for a couple of weeks, so sorry if it´s already been answered but couldn´t one use 2 AddTypes?

LoadModule php4_module libexec/libphp4.so
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php4

LoadModule php5_module libexec/libphp5.so
AddType application/x-httpd-php5 .php .php5

AddModule mod_php4.c
AddModule mod_php5.c

I believe that´s how we did it while testing 3 vs 4 at one of my previous jobs (the ISP World Online/Tiscali), worked for hosted customers aswell.

Nope, this won't work. libphp4.so and libphp5.so will have a lot of symbol clashes. You could attempt compiling versioned libraries here, but we really haven't tested that.

-Rasmus