RE: opt-in mail list best practice

Todd Trent <mailto:todd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    on Wednesday, March 16, 2005 12:46 PM said:

> - Opt-in list could be less than 100 or in the 1000's.

[snip]

> I've been googling all day and have found mailing classes, libraries,
> and scripts none of which seem to be documented very well or let me
> build my own template for html mail. I understand there are going to
> be memory/shared usage limits to my current method. Should I be
> looping through possibly 1000 's of email addresses calling the mail
> function each time? Can someone please enlighten me a little

This question came up just recently (few days ago) and someone suggested
(among other things) to process the list in batches. So instead of
individually looping through 1000's of emails or putting 1000's of email
address in the Cc: or Bcc: fields, put them in batches of 200 or so and
go from there.

HTH,
Chris.