Re: Configure PHP

in which case you'll have to recompile php again...
but according to the manual session is enabled by default... (again,
it really depends on what distro).

find the source folder for php, and do ./configure --enable-session
(and lots of other stuff if you want it)... do ./configure --help to
see the list of things you can enable/disable