Re: password Boxes

On 14 Mar 2005 Dotan Cohen wrote:

> change
> <input type='text' name='name'/>
>
> To:
> <input type='password' name='name'>

This does not address the question.  The OP saw small dots in the
password display, he wanted asterisks.   That is not because he was
using type='text' but because he was already using type='password' and
the browser had a particular way of displaying characters in such
fields, which he wanted to change.

> This is an HTML related question, not php (or even javascript). Next
> time try google.

Really it is a browser implementation question, not even HTML. But in
any case, I am not the person who asked the question.  You may want to
direct your advice to them.

People get confused all the time about what is happening on the server
side and what is on the client side.  This poster asked specifically
whether the issue could be addressed in PHP or was (in his terms) an
"OS issue".  I don't think knowing the answer to that question is a
prerequisite for posting here.

--
Tom