Re: PHP causes Apache segmentation fault?

On 3/14/2005 6:03 AM Burhan Khalid wrote:
John Swartzentruber wrote:

When I run phpinfo(), it says my mysqli API client version is 3.23.58. When I run "php -i" from the command line it says it is 4.1.10a. The latter is correct. What would cause the discrepancy? The server has been stopped and started many times, and PHP rebuilt a few times, so it isn't a browser buffer issue.

For the love of all that is holy, please don't send repeat messages to the list!!

I didn't. I have no idea why that came through twice. Believe me, it annoyed me more than it annoyed you. Or are you saying I should not have replied to myself to provide the additional information? When I discovered that, it seemed significant in terms of tracking down the problem, so I didn't see any reason to wait to provide it. I've been trying to track down these problems off and on for a couple months and I'm growing impatient (not with you or other people trying to help me, just in general).

Are you sure you built both the client and the server module versions? It seems only your cli build is using the new API.

Built both client and server module versions of what? I installed MySQL from RPMs, and installed all of the available packages (client, server, devel, libraries, bench). PHP, I built using a slightly modified version of the options that were in the version 4 RPM. My settings are available at http://john.swartzentruber.us/test.php. I'm currently running 5.04-dev because I ran the most recent stable CVS version before reporting the bug.