Re: Re: PHP hangs when exec'ing SSH

Ross Becker wrote:
There's no output (besides the numeric return code) from SSH which I care about- there shouldnt be anything coming back via stdout or stderr. If there is, I'm happy to discard it. This SHOULD be a dead-nuts-simple case of exec the command and wait for it to return.

And if ssh didn't require a controlling tty in interactive mode, you'd be right. But unfortunately it does and you aren't. You could try playing with the batch mode option. I am not sure if that disables the tty requirement or if it simply suppresses prompts. Regardless, this has nothing to do with PHP's exec stuff.

-Rasmus