Re: Re: Authentication fails - problem line found

I stripped down my original script until it started receiving POST data, then I kept modifying it until I figured out where the problem was. I found it, but I'm still as clueless as every.

To summarize: I have a form that posts to the same script that contains the form. In its original state, when the script is called after I submit the form data, the $_POST[] data is completely empty and the _SERVER variable that indicates the type of data is set to "GET".

In the script is the following code:

if (IsSet($_POST["action"])) {
//    $action = $_POST["action"];
} else {
    $action = $_GET["action"];
}

Normally the second line is not commented. When I comment out that line, then the $_POST array has all of the data I would expect it to. When it is not commented, then it does not work.

Just to make sure that I am really confused, this bit of code is *after* the call to var_dump($_POST), but *before* the code that creates the form.

Does anyone have any ideas about why setting this variable has such a large and seemingly unrelated affect?