Re: Can't save multiple files if I'm using values pulled from another file...

Foofy wrote:
I'm writing a script that transfers files from a list file and saves them locally. M

If I use values from the list for the filenames of the saved files, it appears that none of the files are saved 'cept for the last one. If I put the values in an array directly in the script file, all is well. I have confirmed that the values are different and I've tried other methods to load the file, such as fgets. Here is a simplified version of my script that has the same problem:

    <?php
    $linklist = file('links.txt');

    foreach ($linklist as $link) {
        echo "saving to $link<br>"; // confirm link name

$file = fopen ($link, 'w'); // write dummy text to file

try changing the above line to:

	  $file = fopen (rtrim($link), 'w'); // write dummy text to file

$link should contain a complete path to the file, or possible a valid URL.
also maybe you should check that your file handle is ok, so maybe do this instead:

	  if ($file = fopen (rtrim($link), 'w')) {
		fwrite($file, 'blah');
		fclose($file);
          }

also there are the following functions:

is_file()
is_dir()
is_readable()
is_writable()

        fwrite($file, 'blah');
        fclose($file);
    }
    ?>

And in links.txt I have:

    link one
    link two
    link three

If I run the script, the only file that will have been created is "link three" or whatever is on the bottom. If however, I replace the first line with:
$linklist = array("link one", "link two", "link three");

Then the script works as expected. What am I missing? I've wasted three hours trying to figure this out and I don't know what I could be screwing up. :(

Foofy