Re: php DBMS

Jochem Maas wrote:
Chris W. Parker wrote:

Chris W. Parker <>
    on Wednesday, March 02, 2005 10:38 AM said:

Gerben <mailto:gerbendekeijzer@xxxxxxxxx>
   on Wednesday, March 02, 2005 10:22 AM said:

Thanks for all your responses, but I think I wasn't clear enough of
my intentions. Actually, that what I'm looking for; A database
engine written in PHP.

Even if something like this did exist why would you want it over
MySQL?

Now for something more constructive: I found this http://www.c-worker.ch/txtdbapi/index_eng.php.

if Gerben was to use this then why wouldn't he want to use SQLite,
which is the same idea (SQL interface to flatfile storage) but written
by the PHP devs (in C, so its much faster + I think you can assume the devs really
know what they are doing) and included as std. in PHP5?
sqlite isn't written by the php devs. It's simply included in the distributions; just like bcmath is.
SQLite itself is a free OS library, usable by pretty much everyone

that said the TXTDB package does look good and if you are using PHP4 then maybe
you should go with that instead (PHP4 does not have SQLite AFAICR)

Chris.