Re: Authentication fails

On 3/2/2005 9:22 AM Jason Barnett wrote:
On the other hand, when the form action script is the *same* script that
contains the form, when I do the same var_dumps, the data does *not*
have any $_POST data. Also, the _SERVER[REQUEST_METHOD] is "GET", not
"POST" in this instance.

My suspicion was that this was what had happened as well, but *why* your
POST is being interpreted as a GET is unclear to me.  I did notice that
you were sending GET variables when you had a login error... but someone
more knowledgeable than I (Richard?) will likely come along and explain
how / why PHP can interpret a form with both POST and GET variables as a
GET script.

I don't know, but in this particular case, it shouldn't be significant because I see the problem when there is no error, so the GET variables aren't needed.

So it appears that my problem is that when I post to the same script I
am running, things don't work. I still have no idea why this would be
the case. Does anyone have any ideas?

One other thing I noticed, but didn't quite understand.  Your
apache2handler shows you are using port 0, but your SERVER_PORT is 80.
I don't understand the Apache side of things well enough to untangle
that one either.

That is odd. I use name-based virtual hosting, and I have both an internal and an external address for each VirtualHost, but in all cases, I specify the port to be 80. I don't know why apache2handler would show 0. I guess it is one more thing to google to look for clues.