Re: How can I secure database passwords used by PHP webpages

The best way is to not store the password at all.

Store a hash of the password like this:

INSERT INTO users SET pass = MD5('password');

Now not knowing how you authenticate those passwords this might not work.

If it's an internal web page via PHP all you do is MD5 the users supplied password and compare to you DB.

Dan Tappin (The other Dan T)