Re: _POST not working (using mini_httpd) - 2 attachments

ceo@xxxxxxxxx (Richard Lynch) wrote in

> overbored wrote:
>> Hi all, I'm learning PHP and I'd need to create a simple Web-based
>> ifconfig
>> tool for a Soekris box (running Pebble). However, I've been
>> unsuccessful at
>> getting PHP working with mini_httpd. In particular, the POST data is
>> not being received. Here's what I did...
>>
>> First, I applied (only) the SCRIPT_FILENAME and index.php
>> modifications to mini_httpd.c, as suggested in:
>>
>> http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/?action=show_msg&actionargs[]=15&actionargs[]
>> =11
>>
>> Then I built & installed this on a (regular) Debian box, which had
>> php4 installed from apt. (This doesn't seem related, but for some
>> reason, when I
>> start up, I get a warning: "socket: Address family not supported by
>> protocol".)
>
> This is probably about IP6 -- at least if it's durring boot-up.
> What are the lines immediately before/after that?
> If they say anything about IP6, you're almost for sure okay.
> That just means some software isn't ready for IP6 and some is -- Which
> is pretty much the current state of the industry.

There are no lines before/after that; it's the only output I see.

>> Next, I created some simple PHP files, and I found that POST data
>> isn't getting through at all. Googling didn't really turn up much,
>> and I know this is possible because the m0n0wall project does just
>> this (download their rootfs and look at the PHP files under
>> /usr/local/www). Basically, _POST/_GET/_REQUEST never exist, and it
>> seems the only way I can
>> get the data is with GET and parsing the HTTP_ENV_VARS.
>
> If it's older PHP, try $HTTP_POST_VARS and $HTTP_GET_VARS and so on.

I have PHP 4.3.10-2. If you see test.php, I did have a test for
$HTTP_POST_VARS in there. I just added a similar test for $HTTP_GET_VARS,
and it also prints nothing.

> Other than that, I'd have to say double-check the settings of
> mini_httpd -- and try a mini_httpd mailing list.
>
> PHP doesn't really *do* a whole lot with the GET/POST data from the
> server.
>
> It's kinda just "there" or "not there" for PHP to work with...
>
> Not saying PHP isn't maybe looking in the "wrong" place for where
> mini_httpd wants to send it, but I think that's all spelled out in the
> CGI standard.
>
> Yes, the PHP Module and all other Modules conform to the CGI standard
> -- that's how they work.
>
> It's just that CGI got appropriated over time to mean something other
> whan what it actually meant originally, and, well, there it is.
>
> PS Don't send attachments.  Put 'em on-line and send URLs.

Sorry. I was actually told to do the opposite once, when I provided URLs.