Re: _POST not working (using mini_httpd) - 2 attachments

overbored wrote:
> Hi all, I'm learning PHP and I'd need to create a simple Web-based
> ifconfig
> tool for a Soekris box (running Pebble). However, I've been unsuccessful
> at
> getting PHP working with mini_httpd. In particular, the POST data is not
> being received. Here's what I did...
>
> First, I applied (only) the SCRIPT_FILENAME and index.php modifications to
> mini_httpd.c, as suggested in:
>
> http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/?action=show_msg&actionargs[]=15&actionargs[]=11
>
> Then I built & installed this on a (regular) Debian box, which had php4
> installed from apt. (This doesn't seem related, but for some reason, when
> start up, I get a warning: "socket: Address family not supported by
> protocol".)

This is probably about IP6 -- at least if it's durring boot-up.
What are the lines immediately before/after that?
If they say anything about IP6, you're almost for sure okay.
That just means some software isn't ready for IP6 and some is -- Which is
pretty much the current state of the industry.

> Next, I created some simple PHP files, and I found that POST data isn't
> getting through at all. Googling didn't really turn up much, and I know
> this is possible because the m0n0wall project does just this (download
> their rootfs and look at the PHP files under /usr/local/www).
> Basically, _POST/_GET/_REQUEST never exist, and it seems the only way I
> can
> get the data is with GET and parsing the HTTP_ENV_VARS.

If it's older PHP, try $HTTP_POST_VARS and $HTTP_GET_VARS and so on.

Other than that, I'd have to say double-check the settings of mini_httpd
-- and try a mini_httpd mailing list.

PHP doesn't really *do* a whole lot with the GET/POST data from the server.

It's kinda just "there" or "not there" for PHP to work with...

Not saying PHP isn't maybe looking in the "wrong" place for where
mini_httpd wants to send it, but I think that's all spelled out in the CGI
standard.

Yes, the PHP Module and all other Modules conform to the CGI standard --
that's how they work.

It's just that CGI got appropriated over time to mean something other whan
what it actually meant originally, and, well, there it is.

PS Don't send attachments.  Put 'em on-line and send URLs.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm