Re: Semi-OT: Anti-password trading/sharing solutions

Hi Mikey,

you writing is very balanced, nicely put... I very much
agree with the position you take/have (maybe my OP didn't put
it quite so clearly ;-)

but you write that Dan probably agrees that (any) exploitation
(that occurs) is a bad thing... a logical assumption.... now read
this a weep (it a offlist reply from Dan to a reply of mine to his reply
original reply to my OP), It really shows what a kind, caring guy Dan
is:

<quote>
I do understand your points. Being in this industry, you're not the first person who I've met that dislikes the idea of what I do. There's nothing more that I can do aside from telling you to, well basically, fuck off. I see people like you on a daily basis, and unfortunately they confront me about the "situation". Most of the time I kindly just ignore them.

I do what I do because I understand the market, the Webmasters, and the customers. I have a wonderful company. My employees like what they do. I like what I do. I love it. If you are trying to tell me that I'm a bad person for making a buck off of some slut who needs to pay rent for a month, then so be it. I don't care. I only host these sites and make sure that they stay online. I don't have to deal with any of the "models". I could give two shits and a giggle what they go through. It was their choice to result to pornography - not mine. I could, again, give two shits and a giggle what society thinks of them, myself, or my business. It would be silly and foolish to try to change the minds of anyone that has anything to do with this industry. The same level of foolishness that you are suggesting by telling me that I am a bad person...

The best I can tell you is to ignore what you don't like, because your views, as extensive and expressive as they are, will always fall on deaf ears. I'm sorry.

With that being said, I cannot continue this conversation. I would continue it if my time was worth it and you did not take an offensive manner to the situation.

Good luck with your church.

Thanks
-dant
</quote>

Mikey wrote:
[snip everything irrelevant]

think it makes them bad people.  I also happen to know that not all pr0n is
about exploitation.  Some is, of course, and I'm sure that even Dan would
agree that this is not good - if anyone had bothered to find out in the
first place.