Re: php DBMS

Bret Hughes wrote:
On Mon, 2005-02-28 at 11:31, Gerben wrote:

Hi,

I'm wondering if there is any DBMS, like MySQL, which is (fully) implemented

what do you mean by 'fully' - there are lots of DB drivers implemented (as extensions) for php.

in php. This so you don't have to buy a MySQL database.

sqlite might be interesting for you.

I'm currently trying to put something together, but this would be a waste of time if it already exists.

what kind of thing are you trying to put together - I assume your not trying to build a database engine in php???

Does MySQL cost money? I thought it was open source and available at no
cost.

true its free, but you can also run a comcercial version which gives you indemnity and support and stuff.... Google for instance are known to run MySQL, companies like that like to have support contracts - at MySQL they are glad to oblige, just unlike some other very fairplaying non-antitrust type businesses they don't force feed you the license fee :-)

Bret