From: Matt Cassarino
To: php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Matt Cassarino
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2005 1:01 PM
Subject: Web Browser Timeout on Upload Script

Hi,

I am running a simple Upload script in PHP using a HTML Form with a File field.  The user can browse their computer and upload a file.  It works great, except for large files, where the browser will timeout.  The timeout appears to happen after about 5 minutes.  Any ideas on how to get around this?

Ideal solution would be on the server side b/c I don't want to have my users set a browser option.

Thanks a lot!

Matt Cassarino
Cell: (206) 484-4626
Web: www.mattcass.com