how to select files from a directory and transfer to a different dir ?

Hello,
I need to select around 200 files at random out of a file pool of
10k-15k files from a directory and then transfer them to another
directory on my linux server which runs Apache 2.0.52, PHP 5.0.3 and
Mysql. I will also be requiring to add the paths of all those files
into a database. If someone can please suggest the way to do it, I
will be really grateful. I dont know how to select 200 files at random
and then transferring the files to another directory and then adding
those files to a database.

thanks
Vaibhav