Re: Handling of partially completed forms

OK, I have no desire to re-invent the wheel , if a script exist that is available I'll jump at it, otherwise I'll write the code myself. Failing to find one, I've started on the latter approach. I've written code that places initial data fields into a MySQL database. The next step is to identify the user on login, extract the saved data and display the value(s) in the respective fields - This is where I am seeking guidance primarily, apparently this can't be a static code, dynamic?

b1nary Development Team wrote:

Are you looking to code it yourself? If so, Here's the theory behind the concept...

So you have this multiple page form that you want to save and continue at a later time correct? So you'll have to set up a save button. You will also require some way to recognize the same user when the come back (ex. a login system). So, when they half finish a form, and select the save button, you can send them to ex. save.php which will take all the user data, and store it in a mysql database, somehow tied the user (ex. a user id). When the user comes back and logs in, you can extract this form data from the database, display the form and use the form's value="" field to automatically fill in the data.

Joseph E. Maxwell wrote:

Does anyone have any suggestions, info or references on php script/code that would enable partially completed multiple page forms that can be saved, retrieved and completed at a later date. I might add also enabling/disabling or other navigational features? I think there are are some java ones around but prefer php.

Thanks