RE: Problem connecting to MySQL with PEAR::DB and mysqli

Hello,

I suspect that all is OK in your code. I had a very similar problem three
days ago. Try connecting to FQDN like user@xxxxxxxxxxx via TCP/IP, not to
localhost via UNIX socket. It works in my case at least.

BTW it seems to be a DB package bug... write a simple test script with
mysqli_* functions and look if it will work.

And, of course, check MySQL user priviliges/hosts twice!

Best regards, Denis Gerasimov
Outsourcing Services Manager,
VEKOS, Ltd.
www.vekos.ru