Re: Dynamic/runtime object creation

joe Lovick wrote:
> Thanks for your help Jason, yes aggregating methods was what i had in mind,
> but now as i explore it as a option i realise that it would work best is if
> their was a way for me to pull my object out of the database variables,
> data,

This is certainly do-able.  You serialize() an object and store this in
the DB...

> methods and all and then instantiate them some how, with out any of the
> code

... however, you *must* include a class definition for an object before
the object can be instantiated.  When an object gets serialized it is
only the object's properties (*not* its methods) that become serialized.

> being prewritten.
>
> a bit like create_function() for lambada type functions, but in this
> case for
> my more general object code... and searching the hell out of all these
> formums

So long as you have the (potential) class definitions already included,
you can use unserialize() to create the object (whatever type it happens
to be).  You don't even need to know what kind of object it's going to
be.  :)

--
Teach a man to fish...

NEW? | http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html