Re: mail, CRLF, RFCs, MTAs, Windows and Unix [long]

Christophe Chisogne wrote:
> - Under *nix, PHP mail uses \n to send subject, to, etc [3]
>    to the sendmail/postfix/qmail binary (ok, *nix eol is \n),
>    then the MTA uses translate this to SMTP with \r\n
>    (adding \r to standalone \n if needed) -- ok, RFC want \r\n

I use sendmail.

I use \r\n in the headers.

It works.

Perhaps it only adds \r *IF* there is a solo \n there...

At any rate -- Type up whatever you want to appear in the manual in a User
Contributed note.  If it's worth keeping, it will stay there, or even get
promoted up into the official documentation.

I must say, though, that the problem here seems to be with MTAs (and MUAs)
not following the specification rather than PHP not being correctly
documented.

If people are seeing your headers in the body of their email, the MTA/MUA
is probably what's broken, not PHP.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm