> xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";>
>    <SOAP-ENV:Body>
>      <SOAP-ENV:Fault>
>        <faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Server</faultcode>
>        <faultstring>Bad Request</faultstring>
>      </SOAP-ENV:Fault>
>    </SOAP-ENV:Body>
> </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>
>
> this didn't output "Alive!!!!" on stdout...
> the script ends with the SoapServer::handle() call.

What I know about SOAP could be carved on a bar of soap with room left
over for all the angels in heaven...

But it looks to me like you didn't set up your SOAP server to respond to a
request for "", so your SOAP server generated a "Bad Request" error, and
then it killed your PHP script.

WILD GUESS:
Change your 'null' when you create the thing to '' and maybe SOAP will
respond to '' with the uri you provided.

There may also be some kind of wild-card system you can use in place of
null, or a SOAP function to tell it what to *DO* when an invalid request
is made, rather than the default "Bad Request" and die() behaviour it
seems to be doing...

A quick check of the manual indicates that there is some way to do this:
http://us3.php.net/manual/en/function.is-soap-fault.php
I dunno how you create a SoapClient with exceptions set to FALSE, but
that's what you're gonna have to do.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm